For Flash presentations, each presenter will have up to five minutes to present a three-slide PowerPoint on their research and take questions from the audience.
Presentation PowerPoint/slide format:
- Include 3 short PowerPoint Slides that have the following headers, Background/Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusion
- Summarize your slides in 3 minutes (One minute per slide)
- Allow for 2 minutes of questions from the audience
- Acceptable formats are power points (widescreen 16:9).
- Do not use more than one slide per minute
- Limit the text on your slides – focus on the main message
- Use less than 20 words per slide
- Utilize clear visuals and graphics instead of text
- Limit abbreviations and unnecessary text
- Use bullet points instead of full sentences
- Make sure slides are clear and readable – double space your text
- Use clear fonts and contrasting colours
- Acceptable font types are Arial, Calibri and Cambria (do not use Times New Roman)
- Avoid the use of ALL CAPITAL letters or underlined text, as they are difficult to read
- Prevent using font sizes smaller than 22 points as far as possible. Note: Make sure you get your presentation uploaded in advance in the computer at the presentation hall before the beginning of the session.